This easy salmon recipe can be easily made in 10 minutes. If you follow my recipes you’ll get the juiciest and the moistest salmon you’ll ever taste. I am so happy to share our salmon fillet recipe with you guys. In the Wong household, we consume a ton of fish. We love all kinds of fish, but we particularly love salmon. My kids love eating salmon and this pan fried salmon is by far their favorite. I guarantee you, this easy salmon recipe will be in your lunch and dinner rotation this year!
Introducing fish to your kids at a young age is particularly important because it will allow them to develop a taste for it early on. I started feeding my kids salmon when they were just 5 months old with some porridge, and they’ve loved it ever since!
And by far, my kids’ favorite fish is none other than salmon!
HERE ARE THE BENEFITS OF SALMON.
- Super yummy and tasty
- Full of vitamins and minerals
- Great for your brain, heart, and skin (who doesn’t want nice skin?)
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
- You can eat it raw or cooked (but only when you cook it right…I hate over-cooked salmon)
- Excellent source of protein
- If you cook it right, it literally tastes like gelatin
- Salmon is super rich in omega-3 fatty acids and when you add that into their diet, it’s great for your child’s brain, nerve, and eyes development!
We usually buy our salmon from Trader Joe’s (wild Alaskan sockeye salmon fillets). They’re on the leaner side because they’re wild. We got our salmon filet for $14.27 for around 1.19 lbs. We always get our salmon with skin on because when you pan sear it, the skin gets super crispy.
- Avocado oil
- 1 lb fresh salmon with skin
- Kosher salt
- ½ shallot, sliced
- 170 g Spinach
- Check for pin bones
- Cut the salmon based on the portion you desire
- Heat up the pan with avocado oil medium-high heat
- Coat the pan a thin coat
- Once the oil sizzles, gently lay the salmon skin-side down on the pan
- Cook salmon until the edges of the salmon begin to become opaque, about 1/2 of the sides (which is around 3-4 mins). Tilt pan and begin to baste salmon with hot oil and cook until the edges are about ¾ opaque.
- Flip the salmon over and then kiss the top side for about 10-20 seconds.
- Take salmon off and transfer it onto a paper towel to rest.
- Slice the shallots
- Coat the pan with extra virgin olive oil
- While your pan is still hot from the salmon (medium-high heat) toss in the sliced shallots; then toss in the spinach and continue to flip the spinach with tongs.
- Turn the heat down to medium and continue to stir until cooked but not overcooked.
- Plate the spinach on a plate and top it with a salmon fillet skin side up.
- Sprinkle some salt to season and lemon juice!
Hope you guys enjoyed this super easy salmon recipe. This recipe is super fast (10mins), healthy, inexpensive (under $20), and feeds my whole family! See you guys next time!