If you follow me on Instagram, you know I have a craze for consuming anti-inflammatory foods. I am so excited to share with you this powerful and so so delicious anti-inflammatory smoothie. I drink this almost every day with Doug. This smoothie is so powerful yet so freaking delicious.
So, you’re probably wondering what’s inflammation? what is the purpose of anti-inflammation?
Inflammation is a process in which your body heals itself and fights against harmful infections, injuries, toxins, etc.
Okay coming to my personal experience, my husband has been dealing with a hernia disc for the past 5 years and that’s why I’m always thinking of making these recipes that help him with his inflammation. Watching him in pain and thinking there’s absolutely nothing the doctors can do hurts me. This is why I make this anti-inflammatory smoothie for him daily. The key component in this anti-inflammatory smoothie is turmeric (fresh).
There are so many studies that show turmeric is so beneficial to your body and brain. Turmeric contains curcumin.
“Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.” Healthline
Turmeric is great for reducing joint pain and symptoms of arthritis. The curcumin in turmeric may even help in fighting cancer cells. It does have a strong flavor so putting it into our smoothie is definitely the best way to intake. When you mix it in with all the fruits and vegetables, it is definitely less noticeable. Also, remember there are tons of turmeric powders in the market but I try my best to use whole foods in their organic state because you get the most out of the nutrients when it’s completely natural.
Let’s get into the ingredients of Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Turmeric
- Turmeric: Known as the golden spice! (my secret ingredient…not a secret anymore)
- Leafy Greens (kale or spinach…or both)
- Pineapples: packs with tons of nutrients but mainly for its inflammation-reducing enzyme called bromelain.
- Black peppers (studies have shown that black pepper helps absorb the Curcumin by 2000% compare to just taking turmeric by itself.
- Lemon juice
- Coconut water: very hydrating and it contains lots of nutrients and minerals. Make sure to get one without added sugar.
- MCT Oil “MCTs are also a source of energy and may fight bacterial growth, help protect your heart and aid in managing diabetes.” Healthline
- Chia seed
Tip: Make enough for 2 days!
Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
- high power blender
- 1 /2 inch Turmeric
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut water
- 1/2 cup Pineapple
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 cup Chopped kale/spinach
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 10 Mint leaves
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon MCT oil
- 1/2 tbsp Flaxseed
- 1/2 tbsp Chia seed
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
If you tried this powerful anti-inflammatory smoothie or any of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a lovely comment below. I love reading everyone’s comments and love replying back! Don’t forget to take a picture of your anti-inflammatory smoothie and share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!